At this point in our journey, we have covered thousands of years worth of the story of God’s relationship with US, His most prized and beloved creation!
Over the past 6 weeks we have toured:
- The creation of the world & humanity
- The tragic decision humans made (and still make) to choose independence from the Lord.
- The immediate action God takes to reconcile His relationship with His beloved creation.
- The covenant God makes with Abraham to work through Abraham’s family to bless all nations.
- A long list of imperfect heroes and evil villains God faithfully uses for His divine purpose.
- The hard hearts of man, warnings of prophets, and hope that rests entirely in a prophesized messiah king who will give us new hearts that are capable of joyful obedience and worship of God alone, and a deep desire for justice and righteousness.
God’s faithfulness and our fallen state are certainly redundant themes, and it is clear humanity is in desperate need of a savior who can reconcile our relationship with our Father/Creator and give us “new hearts”.
We only have a few days left in our bible challenge and we are going to use them to wrap up the EPIC story that is depicted in the Bible.
Today we bring to you Mark’s summary of the LONG AWAITED arrival of our MESSIAH KING… JESUS!!!
Day 37: The book of MARK!